Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Power of "Story"

I just finished reading Donald Miller's A MILLION MILES IN A THOUSAND YEARS. It was a great read through, but now i have to read it again and mine its treasures. Too rarely doesn a book captivate my imagination like this one. It seemed like every few pages I had to put the book down, look away and think about my story, the stories and lives that have impacted and influenced me most. I believe i even gained some insight into the closing chapter of the story of my father's life that ended this past January.
The Bible is itself God's story. We are invited to be part of it.
The greatest story ever told is that of Jesus.
America's favortie story has long been considered to be "The Wizard of Oz."
There is power in "story."
What story is my life living and telling?
As Miller asks, what will our story when the credits roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment